Passenger watchdog the Air Transport Users Council received 7519 complaints and inquiries from April to June.
What does AUC stand for?
AUC stands for Air Transport Users Council (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AUC
We have 119 other meanings of AUC in our Acronym Attic
- American University of Biblical Studies (Decatur, GA; est. 1971)
- Advanced Ultrasonic Backscatter Technique (corrosion inspection)
- Aalborg University Center, Denmark
- Ab Urbe Condita (Latin: From the Foundation of the City)
- Acrobat User Community (Adobe Acrobat)
- Actual Use Code (land assessments)
- Acyclovir Area Under the Concentration-Time Curve
- Aero Union Corporation (Chico, CA)
- Affiliated Ute Citizens (Utah)
- African Union Commission
- Aircraft Utilization Code
- Aitken University Centre (University of New Brunswick; Canada)
- Aix Université Club (French: Aix University Club; Aix-en-Provence, France)
- Alberta Utilities Commission (regulatory body)
- Algoma University College
- Alhamrani Universal Company (Saudi Arabia)
- Allievo Ufficiale di Complemento (Italian: Trainee Officer Complement)
- American United Center (cosmetics company; various locations)
- American University in Cairo
- American University of the Caribbean
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the period April to June 2010, the Air Transport Users Council (AUC) received 7,519 complaints and inquiries - more than double the 3,086 figure for the same period last year.
I have checked with the Air Transport Users Council and they have confirmed that vouchers are not acceptable unless a passenger specifically wants them.
And more than one million pieces of luggage were irretrievably lost in 2007, figures from the UK's Air Transport Users Council (AUC) show.
The Air Transport Users Council (AUC) said passengers were not being fairly compensated "on too many occasions" when airlines lost their luggage because they did not have receipts for the items inside.
The Air Transport Users Council said: "We're disappointed to see an airport making a quick buck at passengers' expense.
That's the view of the Air Transport Users Council which is calling on the Government to take action.
Now the Air Transport Users Council (AUC) has written to Transport Secretary Geoff Hoon asking him to consider extending protection schemes so they cover scheduled airline passengers.