Cleveland Police Marine Unit and the Police Air Support Unit are assisting with the search along the coast.
What does ASU stand for?
ASU stands for Air Support Unit
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of ASU
We have 164 other meanings of ASU in our Acronym Attic
- Administrative Support Unit (US Navy)
- Advanced Settings Utility (IBM)
- Adventure Sports Unlimited (California)
- Adyghe State University (Adygheya)
- African Student Union
- Aichi Sangyo University (Okazaki, Aichi, Japan)
- Aichi Shukutoku University (Japan)
- Aikido Schools of Ueshiba
- Ain Shams University
- Air Separation Unit
- Aircraft Sector Understanding
- Airport Security Unit (Hong Kong Special Police Forces)
- Airstream Sensing Unit
- Aklan State University (Banga, Aklan, Philippines)
- Akron State University (Ohio)
- Alabama State University
- Alarm Supervisory Unit
- Albany State University
- Alcohol Support Unit (military slang)
- Alcorn State University (Mississippi, USA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Officers, working with colleagues from the air support unit and supported by the Severn Area Rescue Association, have undertaken a number of searches, which have concentrated on the River Usk.
The Contracting Authority seeks to establish a framework for the provision of aviation insurance for rotary and fixed wing operations on behalf of the police service, The National Police Air Service and other Emergency Service Air Support Units in the UK, against which designated authorities will be able to procure aviation insurance services for their ASUs, consisting of rotary and/or fixed wing aircraft.
West Midlands Police has two of the machines and the East Midlands Air Support Unit (EMASU), which polices Warwickshire, Northamptonshire and Leicestershire, has one.
EXETER AIRPORT, UK, is working to become the new site for the Devon and Cornwall Police Air Support Unit and Devon Air Ambulance facility, currently Located at Police Headquarters Middlemoor.
THE Garda Air Support Unit is to have its funding halved - meaning it could lose a helicopter.
PLANS to halve the police air support unit in the North are being discussed by bosses from three forces today.
Means is the helicopter training officer for the San Diego Police Air Support Unit.