The ADF has formed a Joint Taskforce which will have operational responsibility for all personnel and air support requests.
What does ASR stand for?
ASR stands for Air Support Request
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ASR
We have 424 other meanings of ASR in our Acronym Attic
- Aerodrome Surveillance Radar
- Aerosol Scattering Ratio
- After School Recreation (various locations)
- Aftermarket Sales Representative
- Age-Standardized Rate (oncology)
- Age/Sex Rates
- Agent Status Record
- Agentia Spatiala Romana (Romanian Space Agency)
- Aggregation Services Router (Cisco)
- Air Staff Requirement
Samples in periodicals archive:
Previously, the brigade initiated air support requests and then summarily controlled the allocated air from the brigade command post.
There was also a special radio network to handle the air support requests in a timely fashion.
Air support requests (ASR) are processed on AFATDS and JADOCS.
4) For each ATO during these periods, the CJTF-76 JFEC submitted four operational-level air support requests (ASRs) asking for two hours of show-of-presence support per ASR.
The CAS synchronization briefing shows air support requests (ASRs) for a three-day period--the current day and the next two days--in an easy-to-read comprehensive table.
The JTAC submits an immediate air support request (ASR) to the air support operations center (ASOC) on the joint air request net (JARN).
What this means for effects coordinators at the battalion and brigade combat team (BCT) levels is an air support request (ASR) submission deadline that better supports the kind of abbreviated planning cycle often conducted at those levels in counterinsurgency operations.