Two examples are the Navy's Consolidated Afloat Networks Enterprise Service (CANES), which will streamline shipboard networks, and the Air Force Network (AFNET) program to bring together the service's terrestrial networks.
What does AFNET stand for?
AFNET stands for Air Force Network
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AFNET
- African Federation of Nondestructive Testing
- American Forces Network, Europe
- Americans for Nuclear Energy
- Attawapiskat First Nation Education Authority (Canada)
- Allied Forces Netherlands East Indies
- Analytic Framework for Network Enabled Systems (Boeing)
- Africa Network Evangelism Task (Pretoria, South Africa)
- African Network for Biological Management of Soil Fertility
- Air Force Integrated Digital Telecommunications Network
- Air Force Integrated Telecommunications Network
- Alley Farming Network for Tropical Africa
- Association Fédérative Nationale des Étudiants Universitaires Scientifiques (Paris, France)
- Air Force News Agency
- Air Force News Center
- Ahwatukee Foothills Networking Group (Tempe, AZ)
- Air Force Naval Housing Board
- Adoptive Families of Northern Illinois (Rockford, IL)
- Alachua FreeNet, Inc.
- Alaska Federation of Natives International
- American Forces Network, Iraq (American Forces Radio and Television Service)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In your model, there'd be one "general" who would be designated to control asset management of all Air Force network interfaces, soup to nuts--precisely what you had to do in industry.
General Shelton oversees Air Force network operations; manages a global network of satellite command and control, communications, missile warning and space launch facilities; and is responsible for space system development and acquisition.
He affirmed "we will continue our focus on the regime's air force network that continues to pose a threat to coalition air operations enforcing the no-fly zone.
Major Toni Tones, a spokeswoman at Air Force Space Command in Colorado, said it had blocked employees whose computers are connected to the Air Force network from accessing at least 25 websites that have posted WikiLeaks documents.
The 624th Operations Center, located at Lackland AFB, Texas, is the hub for all Air Force network operations and provides cyber tasking orders to the two I-NOSCs.
Security and Defense Solutions Enable Centralized System for Italian Air Force Network SAN JOSE, California, June 1, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Allied Telesis, Inc.
Heinke, director of the Air Force Network Operations Center at Barksdale Air Force Base.