Muhammad Bilal, a senior officer in the Air Force Intelligence Service of Syria, and Maj.
What does AFIS stand for?
AFIS stands for Air Force Intelligence Service
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AFIS
We have 63 other meanings of AFIS in our Acronym Attic
- Alliance of Filipinos for Immigrant Rights and Empowerment
- Adaptive Finite Impulse Response Filter (acoustics)
- Air Force Installation Restoration Management
- Armed Forces Institute of Regenerative Medicine (US DoD)
- Armed Forces Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine (Rawalpindi, Pakistan)
- Automated Fingerprint Image Reporting and Matching System
- Air Force Integrated Readiness Measurement System
- Automated Flight Information Reporting System
- Aerodrome Flight Information Service
- Agribusiness and Farm Insurance Specialist (professional designation)
- Air Force Intelligence System
- Airborne Flight Information Service
- Airborne Flight Information System
- American Forces Information Service/System
- Amministrazione Fiduciaria Italiana della Somalia (Italian Trusteeship of Somalia)
- Anti-Fraud Information Service
- Armed Forces Radio and Television Service
- Association Française pour l'Information Scientifique (French: French Association for Scientific Information; est. 1968)
- Automated Fingerprint Identification System
- Automated Fingerprinting Identification System (Pakistan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
6 hectares, and while revolutionary elements operating near a military base used chiefly by the regime's main security units -- the Air Force Intelligence Service -- might have justified government actions, the "demolition of hundreds of residential buildings appears to have been disproportionate".
His active duty service included three years with tactical air forces and as a briefer on the Air Force Intelligence Service Soviet Awareness Briefing Team.