They were accounted for on local custodian account listings that did not interface with the Air Force Equipment Management System (AFEMS) and they were not visible to the enterprise.
What does AFEMS stand for?
AFEMS stands for Air Force Equipment Management System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Ansvar for Egen Mestring (Norwegian: Responsibility for Self Mastery)
- Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
- Association des Femmes Éducatrices du Mali (French: Association of Women Educators in Mali)
- Autonomous Foreign Exchange Market (est. 1995)
- Association des Femmes de la Médina (French: Association of Women in Medina; Medina, Dakar, Senegal)
- Agence Française pour l'Expertise et la Mobilité Internationale (French: French Agency for Expertise and International Relocation)
- Air Force Environmental Management Information System
- Air Force Equipment Management Information System
- Air Force Equipment Maintenance Management Information System
- Associazione Fabbricanti Esportatori Macchine per Oreficeria (Italian: Association of Jewelry Machinery Manufacturers and Exporters)
- Atlantic Frontier Environmental Network (UK)
- Avian Feed Efficiency from Naked Oats Project (UK)
- Air Force Experimentation Office
- ASEAN Federation of Engineering Organisations
- Assistant Fire Engine Operator
- Air Force Emergency Operations Center
- Air Force Exercise Program
- Alaskan Flower Essence Project (Homer, AK)
- Amniotic Fluid Embolism-Like Plasma
- Anadromous Fish Evaluation Program (USACE)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The fixed asset accounting and physical property accountability systems may be one and the same; for example, the Air Force will use Air Force Equipment Management System (AFEMS) for both processes.
For example, data from the Automated Civil Engineer System and the Air Force Equipment Management System are the sources for approximately 80 percent of the Property, Plant, and Equipment value reported on the Air Force General Fund Balance Sheet.