encouraged by the Air Force Association, filed a petition with the Air Force Board for the Correction of Military Records to "render null and void the proceedings, findings, and sentence" of his father's court-martial.
What does AFB stand for?
AFB stands for Air Force Board (Air Force acquisitions functional group)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AFB
We have 133 other meanings of AFB in our Acronym Attic
- Accelerated Forward Backward (radar image analysis)
- Acid Fast Bacillus
- Acid-Fast Bacteria
- Adaptation Fund Board (UN)
- Adhesive-Free Bond (trademark of Onyx Optics, Inc.)
- Administrative Faldskærms Bestemmelser
- Advertisement for Bid
- Afri-Can FoodBasket (Canada)
- Age at First Birth
- Air Force Base
- Airframe Bulletin
- Aktion für Berlin (German Political Party)
- Alcohol Free Beverage
- Alcoholic Fruit Beverage
- Alternative Fall Break (various schools)
- Aluminum Four Barrel (auto carburetor)
- American Farm Bureau, Inc.
- American Federal Bank (Fargo, ND)
- American Foulbrood (a honeybee disease)
- American Foundation for the Blind
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Air Force will use its existing corporate structure--the Air Force Board and Air Force Council--to regularly review the status toward achieving its identified efficiencies.
The Agency is organized into seven directorates; the Office of the Director, Air Force Review Boards Agency; the Air Force Civilian Appellate Review Office; the Secretary of the Air Force Personnel Council; the Air Force Board for Correction of Military Records; the Personnel Security Appeal Board; the DoD Physical Disability Board of Review; and the Review Boards Support Office located at the Air Force Personnel Center at Randolph AFB, Texas.
Dunbar Award: Joseph Ostrowidzki, retired, New York Department of Correctional Services Military Corrections Committee Austin MacCormick Award: Thomas Markiewicz, senior member, Air Force Clemency and Parole Board; vice-chairman, Air Force Board for Correction of Military Records; and Department of Defense Corrections Council representative North American Association of Wardens and Superintendents Warden of the Year: Millicent D.
An investigation into the accident has been launched, carried out by the Royal Air Force Board of Inquiry and North Yorkshire Police.
A Royal Air Force Board of Inquiry was convened yesterday at RAF Leeming, North Yorkshire, to look into the Puma helicopter crash in which the 27-year-old and two others died.
5) The RAF took this COS direction forward, and in 1995 the RAF's Air Force Board Standing Committee endorsed a paper entitled "Command and Control of STC [Strike Command] Assets" that reviewed the UK structure for air C2 and recommended the permanent establishment in peacetime of a UK combined air operations centre (CAOC).
Air Marshal Sir Peter Norriss (aged 60) was formerly the Deputy Chief of Defence Procurement (Operations) in the Defence Procurement Agency, served on the Air Force Board of the Defence Council and was previously a non-executive director of the DERA Board.