What happens is that a tiny tear in the lung lets air escape into the chest.
What does AE stand for?
AE stands for Air Escape (technical drawings)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AE
We have 90 other meanings of AE in our Acronym Attic
- African Enterprise Ltd (New South Wales, Australia)
- After Earth (Titan A.e.)
- After Effects (Adobe software)
- Age Equivalent
- Aggregate Expenditures (economics)
- Agricultural Engineer/Agricultural Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering (various schools)
- Ahorristas Estafados (Paraguay)
- Air Efficiency Award (RAF)
- Air Entry
Samples in periodicals archive:
Hot air escapes quickly, collapsing the envelope, which gradually deflates with a rustling like silk in the wind.
Wear and tear, which can create cracks in an aircraft fuselage through which air escapes, was another possible cause.
If seals are missing, torn, squashed or mangled, air escapes around the sides of the radiator.
After being in storage for a time, the air escapes and allows the material to pack, and behave more like a solid mass than a fluid mixture.
In both cases the orifices are recessed, to protect against external damage and, as a safety measure, to allow air escape.
This sound occurs as air escapes through openings in the body cavity, much like boiling kettle whistles.
After a period of storage, air escapes, allowing the material to pack, thus preventing its flow.