Northern Command, as they discuss air combat tactics, keeping cool under fire and, specifically, the famed Mosquito aircraft featured in 633 Squadron.
What does ACT stand for?
ACT stands for Air Combat Tactics
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ACT
We have 1155 other meanings of ACT in our Acronym Attic
- African-American Collective Theater (Washington, DC)
- Agape Copeland Train (South Africa)
- Agenda for Children Tomorrow (New York City program)
- Agents Council for Technology Act (insurance; ecommerce)
- Aid for College Tuition
- AIDS Committee of Toronto (Canada)
- AIDS Counseling and Training
- Air Cargo Terminal
- Air Charge Temperature (automotive sensor)
- Air Cherenkov Telescope
- Air Contract Transportation Tag (US postal service)
- Air Control Team
- Air Controlman (Tower) Petty Officer (US Navy rank)
- Air Correlation Tracker
- Airborne Communications Technician
- Airborne Communications Terminal
- Aircrew Combative Training (AirCare International Ltd.)
- Aircrew Coordination Training
- Airway Clearance Technique (cystic fibrosis)
- Alabama Contemporary Theater
Samples in periodicals archive:
For example, a Dutch exchange officer at Shaw AFB, SC, approached air combat maneuvers and air combat tactics differently than his American hosts.
Final Descent An F/A-18D pilot, a certified air combat tactics instructor, and his weapon systems operator (WSO), an experienced aviator but relatively new to the Hornet community, were scheduled for a multiflight, multiday cross country with another F/A-18 that included instrument and one-versus-one training hops to help regain proficiency.
Allied Fighter Aces of World War II: The Air Combat Tactics and Techniques of World War II by Mike Spick.
The VIDS is an affordable, cost-effective visual system solution with full mission capability, including air combat maneuvering, target detection, and advanced air combat tactics.
These experienced air combat tacticians are masters in the art of air combat tactics training.
In particular, eNGENUITY's STAGE product was used to simulate various weapons, sensors and countermeasures systems and various air combat tactics to determine the aircraft's most effective offensive and defensive configuration.