Most of the station's staff expected to be sent to RAF Scampton in Lincolnshire, which up to now has been at the heart of a reorganisation targeting air combat service support units (ACSSUs).
What does ACSSU stand for?
ACSSU stands for Air Combat Service Support Unit (UK)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 2 other meanings of ACSSU in our Acronym Attic
- Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers
- Association of Civil Society Support Centers (Kyrgyzstan)
- Air Cooled Solid-State Frequency Converter (Aegis ships)
- Australian Council of State School Organisations
- Air Carrier Standard Security Program
- Australian Council of State School Parents
- Automatically Controlled Sequence of Statistical Procedures
- Association des Centres de Services Sociaux du Québec
- Association of Chinese Students and Scholars at Stanford
- Association of Senior Managerial Staff of Health and Social Services
- Agile Combat Support Systems Wing (US Air Force)
- Association of Chinese Students and Scholars at Yale
- Accredited Committee Secretary-Treasurer (OACA)
- Advanced Contingency Skills Training (US Air Force)
- Advisory Council on Science and Technology (Canada, PM)
- Agni Computer Security Technologies
- Airborne Communications Specialist Technician
- Army Clerical Speed Test
- Association of Consulting Science and Technology
Samples in periodicals archive:
Armed Forces Minister, Adam Ingram, has announced that personnel from Air Combat Service Support Units (ACSSUs), which provide communications support to RAF aircraft and units on deployed operations, will be based at the North Yorkshire station.
If the plan goes through, 450 out of the 800 military jobs in the Air Combat Service Support Units at Stafford could go.