As per this deal, IAI will provide next generation of its EHUD Autonomous Air Combat Maneuvering Instrumentation (AACMI) system, which will considerably boost performance of advanced joint training capabilities for air, ground and naval forces.
What does ACMI stand for?
ACMI stands for Air Combat Maneuvering Instrumentation
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ACMI
We have 36 other meanings of ACMI in our Acronym Attic
- Alarm and Control Management for High Speed (Unit) (Nec)
- Anchorage Community Mental Health Services (Alaska)
- Androscoggin County, Maine Historical Society
- Apalachee Community Mental Health Services (Florida)
- Asian Community Mental Health Services
- Adolescent Community Mental Health Team (UK)
- Active CounterMeasures Instructional
- Adult Children of the Mentally Ill
- Advanced Custom Made Implants (University Hospital, Pellenberg, Belgium; hip prostheses)
- Agents Chargés d'une Mission d'Inspection (French)
- Aircraft, Crew, Maintenance and Insurance (wet lease)
- American College of Medical Informatics
- American College of Medical Informatimusicology (blog)
- American Community Mutual Insurance (Michigan)
- American Cystoscope Makers, Inc.
- Arlington Community Media Incorporated (Arlington, MA)
- Art & Creative Materials Institute
- Associate, Chartered Management Institute (UK)
- Association of Christians Ministering among Internationals
- Assocostruttori Chiusure e Meccanismi Italia (Association of Italian Manufacturers of Doors and their Components)
Samples in periodicals archive:
4 million US dollars, for the provision of an EHUD(R) Air Combat Maneuvering Instrumentation (ACMI) system for an international customer.
The GPS-based pods are dual purpose because they operate a legacy Air Combat Maneuvering Instrumentation (ACMI) range, as well as record all mission data.
The simulator conforms with BVR's vision of offering its customers large scale joint force training scenarios featuring real and virtual air defence and airborne assets, this is achieved by providing for full interoperability with BVR's live and virtual training systems, such as the Air Defence Embedded Simulator (ADES), the EHUD(TM) Autonomous Air Combat Maneuvering Instrumentation (AACMI) system, and the Full Mission Fighter Aircraft Simulator.
A sophisticated air combat maneuvering instrumentation system is expected to arrive on the Navy's USS Kitty Hawk aircraft carrier next summer, despite recent difficulties in the program, including delays and cost overruns.
Under this contract, Cubic is supplying Air Combat Maneuvering Instrumentation (ACMI) pods and Individual Combat Aircrew Display Systems (ICADS[TM]) in time to support a major joint training exercise in June 2007.
The system also provides advanced Joint Force Training capabilities by allowing high-rate tactical datalink connectivity to aircraft instrumented with the Autonomous Air Combat Maneuvering Instrumentation (AACMI) system, and to additional naval combat vessels instrumented with BVR's installed NCMI systems, all in service with the same customer.
Cubic has received a contract from the ADF to integrate Australia's laser-based instrumented training system for infantry and armor forces, LAND-134, being supplied by Cubic New Zealand, with other simulations systems, including the Cubic Air Combat Maneuvering Instrumentation (ACMI) system.