This advanced military equipment is used to safely guide helicopter pilots to and from air capable ships.
What does ACS stand for?
ACS stands for Air Capable Ship
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ACS
We have 1344 other meanings of ACS in our Acronym Attic
- Afloat Correlation System
- Afloat Cryptologic Systems
- African & Caribbean Society
- African Civil Society (UN)
- Afrika, Caribisch Gebied en de Stille Zuidzee (Dutch: African, Caribbean, and Pacific states)
- Aged and Community Services (Australia)
- Aged Care Services
- Agency Computer Systems, Inc.
- Agile Combat Support
- Air Campaign Simulator
Samples in periodicals archive:
Nichols will provide engineering and test and evaluation support for integration of Air Force and Army rotorcraft systems with Navy carriers, large deck amphibious ships and air capable ships.
These systems include the Stabilized Glide Slope Indicator, which helicopter pilots use to ensure a safe landing, and the VLA Lighting System, which provides visual cues for Navy helicopters, allowing them to take off from and land on air capable ships safely at any time during the day or night.