To date, over 33,000 lives have been saved as a direct result of the Search and Rescue Satellite Aided Tracking (SARSAT) capability, and more than 325,000 emergency beacons have been registered in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) database.
What does ADT stand for?
ADT stands for Aided Tracking
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ADT
We have 242 other meanings of ADT in our Acronym Attic
- Advanced DRAM Technology
- Advantage Data Transformer (CA Technologies)
- Aerated Drain Tank
- Aerospace and Defense Technology
- Agence de Développement Touristique (French: Tourist Development Agency)
- Agent Desktop
- Aggregate Data Type (computing)
- Agribusiness Development Team (US DoD)
- Agriculture Development Team (US DoD)
- Aguas del Tunari (Bolivian water regulation)
- Air Data Tester
- Air Data Transducer
- Air Dissolving Tube
- Air Dry Ton (cellulose pulp)
- Airborne Data Terminal
- Alaskan Daylight Time (GMT -0800)
- Aleutian Daylight Time (-9 Hours GMT)
- All-Defensive Team (sports)
- Alliance Development Trust (relief and development arm of the National Christian Evangelical Alliance of Sri Lanka)
- Alphanumeric Display Terminal
Samples in periodicals archive:
Smith was equipped with a personal locator beacon as well as an emergency locator that was within the 182 Cessna but the Search and Rescue Satellite Aided Tracking system did not pick up any signals reports AP.
The award was given in recognition of the company's continued investment in information technology and computer aided tracking systems for its five outlets across the region.
Additionally, NOAA-N Prime carries instruments that support the Search and Rescue Satellite Aided Tracking System (SARSAT), which relays emergency distress beacon information from mariners and aviators to rescue teams.
5 /PRNewswire/ -- EMS Technologies (Nasdaq: ELMG) has won a firm fixed-price contract from Canada's Department of National Defense valued at more than $6 million (C$9 million) to redesign the Search & Rescue Satellite Aided Tracking (SARSAT) radio-frequency payload.
The spacecraft will continue the provision of a polar-orbiting platform to support the environmental monitoring instruments for imaging and measurement of the Earth's atmosphere, its surface and cloud cover, including Earth radiation, atmospheric ozone, aerosol distribution, sea surface temperature, vertical temperature and water profiles in the troposphere and stratosphere; measurement of proton and electron flux at orbit altitude, and remote platform data collection, and for Search and Rescue Satellite Aided Tracking.