The Conference was addressed by the European Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development, the President of the EU Agriculture and Fisheries Council, Minister of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Environment, Mr Sofoclis Aletraris, and the Vice-Chairman of the Committee on Agriculture and Rural Development of the European Parliament, Mr Czeslaw Siekierski.
What does ARD stand for?
ARD stands for Agriculture and Rural Development (World Bank)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ARD
We have 227 other meanings of ARD in our Acronym Attic
- Admission, Review and Dismissal (Individual Educational Planning committee)
- Advanced Reactor Division
- Advanced Research Division
- Advanced Resource Development
- Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate (NASA)
- Age Related Dementia
- Agence Régionale de Développement (French: Regional Development Agency)
- Agency Resources Department
- Agricultural Research Division
- Agricultural Research for Development (in Europe)
- Agro-Industrie Recherches et Développement (French: Agro-Industry Research and Development; est. 1989)
- Air and Radiation Division
- Alberta Reinforcement Depot (Alberta, Canada)
- Alliance for the Restoration of Democracy (Pakistan)
- Alliance pour la Resistance Democratique (French: Alliance for Democratic Resistance; Congolese militia group)
- Alliance Républicaine pour la Démocratie (French: Republican Alliance for Democracy, Djibouti)
- Alliance Républicaine pour le Développement (French: Republican Alliance for Development; Djibouti)
- America Recycles Day
- Anaesthetic/Resuscitation Department
- Animal Resource Development (India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
During this meeting, Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Rachid Benaissa presented a report on the results of the activities carried out in 2009, the forecasts for 2010 and the projects planned as part of the five-year development programme for 2010-2014.
New project proposals are currently being formulated in the health, agriculture and rural development sectors.
Part IV consists of appendices which provide relevant material on different aspects of Indian agriculture and rural development.
Summary: ALGIERS- Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Rachid BenaE[macron]ssa urged Wednesday here all the sectors member of the National Commission of Rural Development rural (CNDR) to get involved in the implementation of the rural revival policy.
Kabul, Wardak, Kapisa and Logar governors joined the discussion on Saturday with representatives from the governor's office, the provincial council, the Provincial Directorates of Health, Education, Agriculture and Rural Development and Transport (roads) as well as line ministry representatives from each of the sectors.
When investment in agriculture and rural development is neglected, the rural-urban gap will further widen and the resulting increase in rural to urban migration becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Summary: A global insurance agreement was signed Thursday in Algiers between the Bank of Agriculture and Rural Development (BADR) and the National Mutual Agriculture Fund (CNMA) to increase equipment supply for farmers.