The Senate bill would amend the Agricultural Marketing Act of 1946 to direct the secretary of the Department of Agriculture to establish voluntary labeling of produce, meat (including beef, pork, veal, and lamb), and seafood with country-oforigin information.
What does AMA stand for?
AMA stands for Agricultural Marketing Act of 1946
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AMA
We have 503 other meanings of AMA in our Acronym Attic
- Afghan Medical Aid
- Africa Medical Association
- African Muslim Agency
- Against Medical Advice
- Aged Ministers Assistance
- Agence Mondiale Antidopage (French: World Anti-Doping Agency; Montreal, Canada)
- Aggregated Multicast Address (multicast provisioning)
- Agreement on Movement & Access (Israel and Palestine)
- Agricultural Management Assistance (Program)
- Agricultural Market Access
Samples in periodicals archive:
This type of international development work is an adaptation of authority contained in the Cooperative Marketing Act of 1926 and the Agricultural Marketing Act of 1946.
Section 285 of the Agricultural Marketing Act of 1946 is amended by striking '2004' and inserting in lieu thereof '2006', except for 'farm raised fish' and 'wild fish' which shall be September 30, 2004.