With food prices falling and huge surpluses of food building, the government decided to pass the Agricultural Adjustment Act of 1933 which forced farmers to destroy crops and livestock in an attempt to artificially drive up food prices.
What does AAA stand for?
AAA stands for Agricultural Adjustment Act of 1933
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AAA
We have 912 other meanings of AAA in our Acronym Attic
- Advanced Assault Amphibians
- AEGIS Acquisition Agent
- Aeiou's Alien Archeology (NASA explores)
- Aerospace Engineering, Applied Mechanics, and Aviation
- African Action on AIDS
- African Awareness Association
- Against All Authority (gaming clan)
- Against All Authority (punk band)
- Against Animal Abuse
- Age Anaesthesia Association
- Agricultural Adjustment Administration
- Agriculture Advancing Australia (est. 1997)
- Agro-Action Allemande
- Aiesec Alumni Association (CIS)
- Air Ambiance Assistance (French air conditioning company)
- Air Avenue of Approach
- Airborne Array Aperture
- Airborne Assault Area
- Aircraft Alert Area
- Airport Airspace Analysis
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Agricultural Adjustment Act of 1933 similarly restricted production to keep prices high.
For example, the Agricultural Adjustment Act of 1933 authorized the secretary of agriculture to inflate prices by reducing farm acreage.
must maintain its right to use Section 22" of the Agricultural Adjustment Act of 1933.