dairy support program's contribution" to its Aggregate Measure of Support (AMS) calculation under World Trade Organization (WTO) rules by some $2 billion annually, according to dairy policy analysts Ed Jesse, Bob Cropp and Brian W.
What does AMS stand for?
AMS stands for Aggregate Measure of Support
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AMS
We have 885 other meanings of AMS in our Acronym Attic
- Aeronautical Mobile Service
- Aerospace Material Specification
- Affiliate Member Services (various organizations)
- AFSATCOM Monitoring System
- After Market Services
- After Market Support
- Aftermarket Systems
- AFTN Message Switch
- Agency Management Software (various organizations)
- Agency Management System
- Agile Manufacturing System
- Agricultural Marketing Service
- Agriculture Marketing Service
- Air Management Solutions (Bremerton, WA)
- Air Management System
- Air Mercy Service
- Air Missile System
- Air Mission Schedule
- Air Mobility Squadron (US DoD)
- Air Mobility Support (Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, Marietta, Georgia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Among the topics addressed by the 12 papers presented by the editors (lead economists with the Development Research Group, World Bank) are the potential implications of agricultural trade reform, institutional arrangements for special and differential treatments for developing countries in the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade/World Trade Organization, the potential impact of the July Framework's tiered market access formula approach, tariff rate quotas, the implications of tariff preferences, the elimination of agricultural export subsidies, the structure and measurement of domestic support limits, likely required aggregate measure of support reductions, the Cotton Initiative in the Doha Agenda, and government means of reform in the face of domestic opposition.