Work in government or affiliated non-governmental organizations involves a wide variety of scope and geographic options--from your county health department and state Medicaid program to the federal Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and the World Health Organization.
What does AHRQ stand for?
AHRQ stands for Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (formerly Agency for Health Care Policy and Research; US HHS)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Afghan Hound Rescue of California (Redwood City, CA)
- Arab Historical Review for Ottoman Studies
- Adventist HealthCare Retirement Plan
- Agriculture & Health Research Platform
- AIDS and Human Rights Project (UK)
- Alliance for Human Research Protection
- Alternate History Roleplay (forum game)
- Association of Human Resource Professionals
- Association of Reproductive Health Professionals
- Army Human Research Protections Office (US DoD)
- Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor Repressor (oncology)
- Australian Historic Records Register
- Arizona Hospitality Research and Resource Center (Northern Arizona University)
- Accenture Human Resource Services
- Altitude Heading Reference System
- Army Human Resources System
- Attempted Hours (educational transcript)
- Attitude and Heading Reference System
- Attitude Heading Reference System
- Auditory Hallucinations Rating Scale
Samples in periodicals archive:
Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF), sponsored by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD.
OUTCOME is one of only 13 designated DEcIDE Research Centers under the Effective Health Care Program of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) selected to conduct accelerated practical studies about the outcomes, comparative clinical effectiveness and safety, and appropriateness of health care products and services.
As reported in the National Healthcare Quality Report and National Healthcare Disparities Report, both released in 2006 by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) of the Department of Health & Human Services, providers are missing important chances to help Americans avoid disease and costly complications.
1 This project was supported by Grant Number 1 UC1 HS016147 from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
The CMTP is the first private organization to directly address the critical knowledge gaps commonly identified in systematic reviews by such organizations as the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, clinical practice guidelines from medical professional organizations, and technology assessments conducted by many large health plans.
CAHPS(R) is a registered trademark of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.