Dupree and the late Professor Louis Dupree began collecting these documents in Pakistan for safekeeping in 1979 and, along with the Agency Coordinating Body for Afghan Relief, continued amassing documents.
What does ACBAR stand for?
ACBAR stands for Agency Coordinating Body for Afghan Relief
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ACBAR
- Arizona Commercial Brokers Association
- Army Centralized Business Analytics
- Articulated Comic Book Art (est. 2009)
- Association Cambrésienne de la Belle Automobile (French automobile club; Cambrai, France)
- Australian Campus Booksellers Association
- Australian Catholic Biblical Association
- Australian Chinese Basketball Association
- Australian Coding Benchmark Audit
- Avon Contract Bridge Association (UK)
- Allied Command Baltic Approaches Command Control and Information System (NATO)
- Arcminute Cosmology Bolometer Array Receiver
- Automatic Call-Back/Automatic Return (telecommunication backbone routers)
- Ashridge Centre for Business and Society (UK)
- Absa Corporate and Business Bank (South Africa)
- Alberta Cord Blood Bank (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada)
- American Council for Better Broadcasting
- Angular Contact Ball Bearing
- Athlétic Club de Boulogne-Billancourt (French: Athletic Club of Boulogne Billancourt; Boulogne Billancourt, France)
- Atlantic Central Bankers Bank
- Association of Community Based Business Advice (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Agency Coordinating Body for Afghan Relief (Akbar), a group co-ordinating the work of non-government organisations in Afghanistan, called on the "organisers of this irresponsible initiative" to drop the demonstration.
Within days, however, the Agency Coordinating Body for Afghan Relief (ACBAR) issued a stiff press release, "NGOs are not a 'Soft Power': Highlighting the Impartiality of NGOs in Afghanistan" (ACBAR 2010).
The international community has pledged $25 billion to Afghanistan since 2001 but has only delivered $15 billion,'' the report published by the Agency Coordinating Body for Afghan Relief, an alliance of international aid agencies working in the country, says.
The Agency Coordinating Body for Afghan Relief, an Afghan nongovernmental organization that speaks for all NGOs in Afghanistan, released a statement expressing NGO concern about the increasing number of civilian casualties caused by the conflict in Afghanistan.
Agency Coordinating Body for Afghan Relief which represents 88 aid groups says the officials are confusing non-profit groups with more than 2000 private contractors operating in the country, many employed by the U.
The Agency Coordinating Body for Afghan Relief screens most internationally funded projects, requiring that they promote local autonomy and strong input from Afghan nongovernmental organizations.
They will not decrease their activities at all," said Hashin Myar, deputy director of ACBAR, the Agency Coordinating Body for Afghan Relief.