From a performance in March 1958, at the 92nd Street Young Men's Hebrew Association in New York, Ailey and the company that still bears his name laid the roots of an African-American institute, although it is worth remembering that from the '60s the company has never been exclusively black.
What does AAI stand for?
AAI stands for African-American Institute (formerly Institute of African American Relations, Washington DC)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AAI
We have 258 other meanings of AAI in our Acronym Attic
- Action Aid International (South Africa)
- Acute Alcohol Intoxication
- Adam Aircraft Industries
- Adjusted Available Income (student financial aid)
- Administrative Authority Identifier
- Adoption Advocates International (Port Angeles, WA)
- Adoption Associates Inc (Jenison, MI)
- Advantest America, Inc. (various locations)
- Aesthetic Artist Interview
- AFAQ-AFNOR International
- Afro Asiatisches Institut (German: Afro-Asian Institute; Austria)
- Agence Azur Investigations (French private detective agency; Nice, France)
- Agent Administratif des Impôts (French: Tax Administrative Officer)
- Agents Available Interval (Sprint)
- Agribusiness Association of Iowa
- Air-to-Air Intercept
- Air-to-Air Interface
- Air-to-Air Interrogator
- Airborne Alert Indoctrination
- Aircraft Armament Incorporated
Samples in periodicals archive:
African-American Institute President Mora McClean cautioned that a very critical component of this constituency that needed to participate more vigorously would be the "neo-diaspora.
Under an African-American Institute project that grew out of the League's "how to" video on registering people to vote, running candidate forums and the like, she made four trips to Nigeria to train women to participate more fully and effectively in politics and government.