But since last December 2007 when it took over from the African Union mission in Sudan up to date there are only 22289 including military, police and civilian staffers.
What does AUMIS stand for?
AUMIS stands for African Union Mission in Sudan
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AUMIS
- Auburn United Methodist Church (Auburn, Michigan)
- Average Unit Manufacturing Cost
- Asociación Unificada de Militares Españoles (Spanish: Unified Association of Spanish Military)
- Auburn University Marine Extension and Research Center (Mobile, AL)
- Alternate Unit of Measure Factor
- American Ukrainian Medical Foundation
- Ashland United Methodist Fellowship
- Authorization for Use of Military Force
- Authorized Use of Military Force
- Africa Unite Music Group (London, England, UK)
- Australian University Museums Information System
- Agent Unified Modeling Language
- Approach Users Mailing List (Lotus Approach software)
- Australasian Universities Modern Language Association (journal)
- Australian University Museums On-Line
- African Union Methodist Protestant
- Allegheny University Medical Practices (Philadelphia, PA)
- American Ukrainian Medical Project (est. 1998; Bellevue, WA)
- Annihilated Unrestricted Moeller-Plesset
- Aberystwyth University Men's Rugby (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
About 1,000 assailants took part in the attack targeting peacekeepers from the African Union Mission in Sudan (AMIS says.
They face three counts of war crimes allegedly committed in an attack on the Haskanita military base in north Darfur on September 29, 2007 that killed 12 African Union Mission in Sudan (AMIS) peacekeepers and injured eight.