The African Oil Policy Initiative Group, a lobby group comprising oilmen and various arms of the US government, has urged the Bush administration to declare the Gulf of Guinea, the epicentre of the region's offshore oil wealth and expected to become the world's leading deepwater oil production centre within 5-10 years, "an area of vital interest" to the US.
What does AOPIG stand for?
AOPIG stands for African Oil Policy Initiative Group
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of AOPIG in our Acronym Attic
- Association of Opinion Page Editors
- Asociacion de Organizaciones de Productores Ecologicos de Bolivia (Spanish: Association of Organizations of Ecological Producers of Bolivia)
- Arab Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries
- Advanced Operational Planning Group
- Applied Optical Physics Group (Vanderbilt University; Nashville, TN)
- Attack On Pearl Harbor (video game)
- Advocate of Not-For-Profit Services for Older Ohioans (formerly Association of Ohio Philanthropic Homes for the Aging)
- Association of Ohio Philanthropic Homes for the Aging (advocacy)
- Alpha Omicron Pi (fraternity)
- Associazione Ospedali Pediatrici Italiani (Italian: Italian Association of Pediatric Hospitals)
- Advanced Order Parts List
- Association of Oil Pipe Lines
- Argenta Oreana Public Library District
- Aspect-Oriented Product Line Engineering (UK)
- Apparel Order Processing Module (software)
- Agent Orange Projects Office
- Association of Organ Procurement Organizations
- Advanced Oxidation Protein Product
- Alpha Omega Pet Products (Mundelein, IL)
- American Optical Pseudoisochromatic Plates
Samples in periodicals archive:
US Undersecretary of State for African Affairs, Walter Kansteiner, concedes that West Africa "has become a strategic interest" and the African Oil Policy Initiative Group (AOPIG) has been set up to bring together US government and private sector interests.