JOHANNESBURG (CyHAN)- South African firebrand politician and expelled African National Congress Youth League leader, Julius Malema, has called for a national mine-workers strike.
What does ANCYL stand for?
ANCYL stands for African National Congress Youth League
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Assumed National Council Tax (UK)
- Anishinabek Nation Credit Union (Garden River, Ontario, Canada)
- Australian National Credit Union
- Agence Nationale pour les Chèques Vacances (French: National Agency for Holiday Vouchers)
- Armenian National Committee of Vancouver (Canada)
- Autonomic Nerve Conduction Velocity
- American National CattleWomen
- Australian National Council of Women
- African National Congress Women's League
- Arts Network for Children and Youth (Canada)
- Asociatia Nationalã a Centrelor Zonale de Educare a Adultilor (Romanian: National Association of the Regional Centres for Adult Education)
- [not an acronym] logical operation where the output is high only if all inputs are high (electrical engineering)
- Access Network Design
- Active Network Diagram
- Active Nutation Damping
- Aid to the Needy Disabled (SSI)
- Aircraft Nose Down
- Algorithmique Numérique Distribuée (French: Distributed Numerical Algorithms)
- Allow Natural Death (medical charts)
- Alpha Numeric Display (aviation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This follows a meeting between the department, National Education Health and Allied Workers Union (NEHAWU), South African Democratic Teachers Union (SADTU), College SRC, South African Students Congress (SASCO), parents, the African National Congress Youth League (ANCYL), College Council and the National Higher Education and Training department in the college today meant to resolve issues raised by the college students.
There will be casualties, but I know that we are going to win," African National Congress Youth League said on the eve for October 27, the birthday of anti-apartheid ANC) and sleep outside until our demands for jobs are met," the youth leader was quoted by the Sapa news agency as saying.
By then, she had joined Nelson Mandela and Walter Sisulu in the breakaway and sometimes militant African National Congress Youth League.
Balfour said quotas had not yet served their purpose, while the African National Congress Youth League threatened to disrupt the World Cup, due to start on February 9, if quotas were not maintained.
The conduct and statements of the African National Congress youth league are "totally alien to the culture of the ANC", Zuma said in remarks clearly directed at its leader Julius Malema.
We hear you are going straight for the mines, that is what we are going to do in South Africa," Julius Malema, the African National Congress Youth League president, told a rally in Zimbabwe's capital Harare.
African National Congress youth league spokesman Floyd Shivambu told AFP that the group was organising a massive welcome home with the women's league, student organisations and other formations at the airport on Tuesday.