According to a study undertaken in 2009 by Gender Links, a southern African NGO promoting gender equality, voices of women in media stood only at 19%, with the percentage of women present on TV at 28%, on radio at 22% and in print media at 18%.
What does ANRPN stand for?
ANRPN stands for African NGO (Non-Governmental Organization) Refugee Protection Network
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Australian National Radio Observatory
- Asian Network for the Rights of Occupational Accident Victims
- Alaska Natural Resource and Outdoor Education Association
- Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
- Alleged Non-Resident Parent
- Automatic Number Plate Recognition
- Average Net Revenue Product
- Average Normal Rated Power
- Association of Natural Rubber Producing Countries
- African Network for Rural Poultry Development (Nigeria)
- Average Net Reproductive Rate
- Agriculture, Natural Resources and Rural Development
- All Nizo Restricted Revolution Pictures (German independent filmmakers)
- Administratia Nationala a Rezervelor de Stat (Romania)
- Agence Nationale de Recherche sur le Sida
- Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences (various schools)
- American Northwest Recovery Solutions (Clackamas, OR)
- Anorthosite (lithological term)
- Association Nationale de Réadaptation Sociale (French: National Association of Social Rehabilitation)
- Automatic Noise Reduction System
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Gift of the Givers, a South African NGO that has built an international reputation helping out in war and natural disaster zones, moved into a clinic that was bombed during the recent civil war.
It seems poorly conceived in terms of both ecological and socioeconomic considerations," says Wally Menne of the African NGO Timberwatch, which campaigns for the rights of forest peoples.
What's really needed The South African NGO outfits had minimal contact with one another and medics struggled on site, with INSARAG guidelines not fully followed.
Rico Euripidou, of the South African NGO groundwork, Friends of the Earth South Africa, noted: "We have made a good start towards establishing a treaty to control mercury pollution that will ultimately protect the fish we eat from this poison.
Doron Isaacs, a South African NGO leader who has campaigned for a just solution to the Israeli-Palestinain conflict, last week told Al Jazeera that the picket plan was a deliberate intimidation attempt.
He also announced that the South African NGO initiative would retain the services of Professor John Dugard (former UN special rapporteur on human rights in the Occupied Territories) and Professor Max du Plessis (Associate professor of Law at the University of Kwa-Zulu Natal and an expert on the Rome Statute).
This work is being delivered through a multi-year Transformational Leadership and Management Skills Development Programme (TLMSDP), which includes professional development and executive MBA training, for African managers in small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and African NGOs working in the fields of health, education and water.