Back in 1995, the then OAU, now AU, and the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) embarked on a highly ambitious undertaking dubbed the African Information Society Initiative (AISI).
What does AISI stand for?
AISI stands for African Information Society Initiative
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AISI
We have 49 other meanings of AISI in our Acronym Attic
- Adelaide Institute for Sleep Health (Australia)
- Apicius International School of Hospitality (Sebastopol, CA)
- Association Internationale des Sciences Hydrologiques (International Association of Hydrological Sciences)
- Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped (Alberta, Canada)
- Aircraft Integrated Structural Health Assessment
- Acute Intraoperative Suprachoroidal Hemorrhage or Effusion (eyes)
- All Ireland Society for Higher Education
- Auditing Instrument for Sustainability in Higher Education (Committee on Sustainability in Higher Education; Netherlands)
- Australian International School Hong Kong (Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong)
- Aaltamira Investment Services, Inc. (Canada)
- Airborne Instrumentation Subsystem - Internal
- Airborne Instrumentation System - Internal
- Alberta Initiative for School Improvement (Canada)
- American International Supply, Inc (Oakland, CA)
- American Iron and Steel Institute
- Army Information System Integration (US Army)
- As I See It
- Asosiasi Industri Sepeda Motor Indonesia (Indonesian: Indonesian Motorcycle Industries Association; Jakarta, Indonesia)
- Associazione Industrie Software Interattivo
- Automatic Integrated Survey Instrument
Samples in periodicals archive:
African Information Society Initiative (AISI): An action framework to build Africa's information and communication infrastructure.
An African Information Society initiative, launched by UNECA, concludes in a study: 'The information revolution is one that Africa cannot afford to miss.