But now a line of African green monkey kidney cells known as Vero cells has been cleared for use in reverse genetics.
What does AGMK stand for?
AGMK stands for African Green Monkey Kidney
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Australian Gospel Music Festival (Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia)
- American Gaited Mountain Horse
- Acides Gras Mono Insatures (French: Monounsaturated Fatty Acids)
- Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Association of Gospel Ministries International
- Assistant General Manager for International Activities
- Agriculture Management Information Center (Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services)
- A Good Man Is Hard to Find
- Agricultural Model Intercomparison and Improvement Project (various organizations)
- Asociación Guatemalteca de Manejo Integrado de Plagas (Guatemalan Association for the Integrated Handling of Epidemics)
- Abbie Greenleaf Memorial Library (Franconia, NH)
- Acute Gastric Mucosal Lesion
- Agricultural Machinery Manufacturers and Suppliers Association (Sri Lanka)
- Australian Gaming Machine Manufacturers Association
- Anticarsia Gemmatalis Multiple Nucleocapsid Nuclear Polyhedrosis Virus
- Assistant General Manager for Operations
- Amis de la Géologie, de la Minéralogie et de la Paléontologie (French: Friends of Geology, of Mineralogy, and of Paleontology)
- Anglican Global Mission Partners
- Asociación Guatemalteca de Modelismo Plástico (Spanish: Guatemalan Association of Plastic Modeling)
- Association of Greek Manufacturers of Packaging Materials (Koropi, Greece)
Samples in periodicals archive:
IMMUNOFLUORESCENT CONFOCAL MICROSCOPY The rabbit and monkey antisera against the synthetic peptides were diluted to 1:40-fold with PBS, and 10 [micro]L of each diluted serum was added to a well of the slide that was coated with SARS-CoV-infected African green monkey kidney Vero cells and incubated at 37 [degrees]C for 1 h.
VERO cells, originated from African green monkey kidneys, are available from repositories such as the American Type Culture Collection (ATCC) in Manassas, VA, http://www.
In the study, AVI's NeuGene third-generation antisense compounds were delivered to pig and African green monkey kidney cells in cell culture.
Cell Culture The lines and cell cultures used were African green monkey kidney (BGMK), Monkey Rhesus female kidney embryonic (FRhK-4), and Monkey African green kidney (MA-104).
Virus isolation was performed using rhesus monkey kidney (LLC-MK2), human laryngeal carcinoma (HEp-2), Mardin Darby canine kidney (MDCK), human embryonic lung fibroblast, Buffalo green monkey kidney (BGM), and African green monkey kidney (Vero) monolayers.
Virus culture was performed on Vero cells originating from African green monkey kidney tissue (ATCC # CCL-81).