According to researcher and Outreach Officer at the African Centre for Biosafety, Haidee Swanby, there is a lack of scientific consensus regarding the impact of genetically modified organisms (GMO's) on health and the environment.
What does ACB stand for?
ACB stands for African Centre for Biosafety (South Africa)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ACB
We have 201 other meanings of ACB in our Acronym Attic
- Administrative Contract Brief
- Advanced Call Blocker (mobile phone application)
- Advanced Capability Build (Aegis combat system; US Navy)
- Advanced Communications Board
- Advanced Communicator - Bronze (Toastmasters)
- Advanced Community Banking (Rwanda)
- Advanced Computing Building (various schools)
- Advanced Concepts Base
- Advertising Checking Bureau
- Advisory Council Board (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
DECEMBER 2008, AFRICAN CENTRE FOR BIOSAFETY -- A newly launched report by the African Centre for Biosafety, Agrofuels in South Africa: Projects, Players and Poverty, condemns the 'Biofuels' roll-out in South Africa as a strategy to allow agribusiness to grab land from the rural poor in the former homelands.
Mariam Mayet of the African Centre for Biosafety says, "Until recently the gene giants have not been able to penetrate the African continent, however, all of this will change now with the Green Revolution push in Africa, spearheaded by several strategic alliances.