He has served as an NGO representative and expert advisor on a variety of Government of Canada delegations to multilateral disarmament forums and, among his current appointments, he is a Commissioner on the World Council of Churches Commission on International Affairs and a member of the Board of Directors of the Africa Peace Forum of Nairobi, Kenya.
What does AFPO stand for?
AFPO stands for Africa Peace Forum
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AFPO
We have 3 other meanings of AFPO in our Acronym Attic
- Air Force Print News
- American Forces Philippines Network (former AFRTS network in the Philippine Islands
- Australian Financial Planning Network (trade group)
- Association of Faculties of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners, Inc.
- Air Force Periodical and Nonrecurring Pamphlet Review Board (USAF)
- Aberdeen Fish Producers’ Organisation (UK)
- Accenture Foundation Platform for Oracle
- Adequate Facilities Provision Ordinance
- Administratia Finantelor Publice Oradea (Romania)
- Advanced Family Practice Office
- Agencies, Funds, Programs and Organizations (UN)
- Air Force Post Office
- Air Force Program Office
- America First Party of Ohio
- American Festival Pops Orchestra
- Armed Forces Post Office
- Association de Formation pour la Pharmacie d'Officine
- Association de la Fonction Publique d'Ottawa (Canada)
- Association Francophone de Psychologie de l'Ontario (Canada)
- Association of Foreign Property Owners (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The conference, which was jointly organised with Ploughshares, the Africa Peace Forum, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs from Mali and the Canadian Embassy, was attended by about sixty delegates from west African, with participation by the African Union (AU).
Prepared for Africa Peace Forum, African Women's Development and Communication Network, Africa Institute of South Africa, and Project Ploughshares, September.
Acronyms and Abbreviations APFO Africa Peace Forum ATT Arms Trade Treaty ATTSC Arms Trade Treaty Steering Committee CSO Civil society organization ECOWAS Economic Community of West African States IAEA International Atomic Energy Agency ICC International Criminal Court IDP Internally displaced persons IGAD Inter-Governmental Authority on Development NATO North Atlantic Treaty Organization NGO Nongovernmental organization NORAD North American Aerospace Defence Command NPT Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty OAS Organization of American States OEWG Open-Ended Working Group PrepCom Preparatory Committee SOCRATES Satellite Orbital Conjunction Reports Assessing Threatening Encounters in Space SSN Space Surveillance Network TLE Two-line element UNSC United Nations Security Council
A parallel civil society research project was organized under the management of the Nairobi-based Africa Peace Forum (APFO), funded by Canada's International Development Research Centre (IDRC), and with technical input from Project Ploughshares.
Acronyms and Abbreviations AFCCL Automatic Firearms Country Control List ANA Afghan National Army ANP Afghan National Police APFO Africa Peace Forum ATK Alliant Techsystems Inc.
The Africa Peace Forum (APFO) and Project Ploughshares are working together with IGAD on one of those tracks in support of its initiative to build a peace and security architecture for member states--Sudan, Somalia, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti, Kenya, and Uganda.
Project Ploughshares and the Kenya-based Africa Peace Forum (APFO) have been working together to support peace in Sudan since 1999.