Commander of the Combined Joint Task Force-Horn of Africa Major General Ralph Baker was relieved of his duties by the outgoing head of US Africa Command (AFRICOM) General Carter F.
What does AFRICOM stand for?
AFRICOM stands for Africa Command
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AFRICOM
- Acute Febrile Respiratory Illness
- Air Force Research Institute (Montgomery, AL)
- American Fund Raising Institute, Inc.
- Annuaire Français de Relations Internationales (French: French Directory of International Relations)
- Approved Force Retention Increment
- Arid Forest Research Institute (India)
- Armed Forces Reunions, Inc. (est. 1988; Norfolk, VA)
- Action for Resisting Invasion, Colonialism and Apartheid
- Asbestos Fiber Regular Informal Counting Arrangement
- African Canadian Access Magazine
- International Council of African Museums
- Alternate Forum for Research in Mindanao
- Air Force Records Information Management System
- Air Force Restoration Information Management System
- Armed Forces Research Institute of Medical Sciences (US, DHHS & DoD)
- Associate Fellow of the Royal Institute of Navigation (UK)
- African Network Information Centre (Internet consortium)
- Air Force Reuse Implementation Plan (USAF)
- Average Flow Rate Increase Ratio
- Animal Feed Resources Information System (Food and Agriculture Organization of the US)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Africa Command spokesman Thomas Sanders said a team of Air Force Security Forces is included to safeguard U.
Officials said that the American military's Africa Command, or Africom, is also discussing options for the base with other countries in the region, including Burkina Faso.
According to the website of the US Africa Command, the MV-22 Osprey helicopter crashed in an exercise area south-west of Agadir in the south of the country on Wednesday.
Last night's mission, boldly conducted by some of our nation's most courageous, competent, and committed special operations forces, exemplifies United States Africa Command's mission to protect Americans and American interests in Africa," said Gen Carter Ham, commander of US Africa Command.
Africa Command to explore and develop security options for the situation in Libya.
Currently a civilian traffic management specialist at Headquarters, US Africa Command J4 in Stuttgart, Germany; he previously served as EUCOM Deployment and Distribution Operations Center's first NATO & Coalition Branch Chief (2005-2006) and as the founding Joint Movement Operations Center (JMOC) Chief (2003-2004) at Special Operations Command Europe.
Africa Command program managed and executed by USARAF.