The Government's affordable rural housing target is 3,233 homes a year nationwide - less than half the level recommended by the Affordable Rural Housing Commission, which called for 7,266 affordable homes per year.
What does ARHC stand for?
ARHC stands for Affordable Rural Housing Commission (UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ARHC
We have 9 other meanings of ARHC in our Acronym Attic
- Automatic Random Height Adjustment
- Amateur Radio High-Altitude Ballooning
- African Refugee Housing Action Group (UK)
- Advisory Committee on Antimicrobial Resistance and Healthcare Associated Infection (UK)
- African Religious Health Assets Programme (South Africa)
- Archive for the Retrieval of Historical Astrological Texts
- Amhara Regional Health Bureau (Addis Ababa, Ethiopia)
- Antwerp-Rotterdam-Hamburg-Breman (shipping)
- Adult Rat Hepatic Cytosol
- Advanced Reproductive Health Centers, Ltd. (Chicago, IL)
- Alaska Rural Health Conference
- Andean Rural Health Care (Christian Connections for International Health)
- Andean Rural Health Corporation
- Alberta Roadbuilders and Heavy Construction Association (Canada)
- Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre (British Columbia, Canada)
- Atlantic Richfield Hanford Company
- Asbestos Related Health Care Project
- Association of Registered Health Care Professionals (Alpharetta, GA)
- Assistant Residence Hall Director (college dormitory position)
- Adolescent Reproductive Health Education (Bangladesh)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Elinor Goodman, chair of the Westminster government's Affordable Rural Housing Commission looking at the problem in England, has warned: "If we don't act now, more and more people will be priced out of the countryside, leaving rural communities to increasingly become dormitories for the better off and places where people go to retire or for the weekend.
Turning to the work of the Affordable Rural Housing Commission, Dr Burgess said that while there was general support for its analysis of the situation in rural areas and recommendations for action, the crucial point was what has happened since.
At a conference marking one year since Elinor Goodman's landmark Affordable Rural Housing Commission (ARHC) report, NHF stated that not enough progress had been made on the issue.
The National Housing Federation and the Campaign to Protect Rural England (CPRE) - two organisations usually seen on opposite sides of the debate - will highlight concerns over the lack of action since the publication of the Affordable Rural Housing Commission (ARHC) report last year.
The Affordable Rural Housing Commission said last May that an "impact tax" should be levied on holiday homes in tourist honeypots.
The Affordable Rural Housing Commission last month said tax increases could help solve the housing crisis that is gripping rural areas.
The Affordable Rural Housing Commission, chaired by former Channel 4 Political Editor Elinor Goodman, called for a minimum of 11,000 affordable houses to be built each year in market towns and villages.