Boeing and NASA's Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate funded the X-48 technology demonstration research.
What does ARD stand for?
ARD stands for Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate (NASA)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ARD
We have 227 other meanings of ARD in our Acronym Attic
- Acid Related Disorder
- Acid Rock Drainage (mining)
- Acoustic Research Detachment
- Acquired Rights Directive (EU; now Business Transfers Directive)
- Acute Respiratory Disease
- Administrative Review Division (Colorado)
- Admission, Review and Dismissal (Individual Educational Planning committee)
- Advanced Reactor Division
- Advanced Research Division
- Advanced Resource Development
- Age Related Dementia
- Agence Régionale de Développement (French: Regional Development Agency)
- Agency Resources Department
- Agricultural Research Division
- Agricultural Research for Development (in Europe)
- Agriculture and Rural Development (World Bank)
- Agro-Industrie Recherches et Développement (French: Agro-Industry Research and Development; est. 1989)
- Air and Radiation Division
- Alberta Reinforcement Depot (Alberta, Canada)
- Alliance for the Restoration of Democracy (Pakistan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
NASA's Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate is accepting scholarship applications from graduate and undergraduate students for the 2013-2014 academic year.
A Lockheed illustration of the supersonic concept released by NASA is just one of several designs presented in April to the space agency's Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate following a call for studies on advanced aircraft that could take to the skies sometime around 2030 or 2035, reports Space.
Porter served as the Associate Administrator for the Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
NASA's Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate and Boeing funded the X-48 technology demonstration research effort, which supported NASA's goals of reduced fuel burn, emissions, and noise.
The program is conducted by NASA's Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate with the NASA Langley Research Center, Hampton, Va.
Research developments that support the NASA Exploration and Space Mission Directorate and the Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate include: * Planetary Lander Simulation; * Distributed Space Exploration Simulation; * Ascent Development Flight Test Simulation; * Alternate Launch Abort System Simulation; * Lunar Surface Access Module Delta-V Trajectory Analysis Study; * Spacecraft Handling Qualities; * Simulation Development for Supersonic Studies; * XVS/All Weather Landing, and * Flight Deck Merging and Spacing Studies.
The Fixed Wing Project within the Fundamental Aeronautics Program of NASA's Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate manages ACCESS.