Special guests include President and CEO Robert Leivers of The Samaritan Institute, TELL's accrediting institution; Reverend Yukio Saito, founder of Inochi no Denwa (Japan's first suicide prevention hotline) and the country's leading figure on suicide prevention; and guest speaker Eric Hipple, a former professional American football player who became an advocate for mental health awareness following his son's suicide at the age of 15.
What does AfMH stand for?
AfMH stands for Advocate for Mental Health (UK)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AfMH
- Air Force Medical Evaluation Test System
- Air Force Metrology & Calibration Program
- Automotive, Food, Metals and Engineering Union (Australia)
- Advance Frontier Markets Fund, Ltd. (Bailiwick of Guernsey)
- Air Force Memorial Foundation
- Aircraft Fleet Marine Force
- Alliance for Marriage Foundation
- Association Française de la Maladie de Fanconi
- Associazione Forlivese per le Malattie del Fegato (Italian)
- American Federal Mining Group, Inc. (Chicago, IL)
- Armed Forces Memorial Hospital (Kenya)
- Association of Forensic Mental Health Services
- American Federation of Muslims from India
- Armed Forces Medical Institute (Bangladesh)
- Automatic Film Marker Identification
- Air Force Manpower and Innovation Agency
- Air Force Medical Intelligence Center
- Armed Forces Medical Intelligence Center
- Air Force Management Improvement Group
- Africa Microfinance Network (Association of Ethiopian Microfinance Institutions)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Kennedy has been a tireless advocate for mental health research and services, and for eliminating the stigma around mental health issues.
Assemblywoman Sheila Leslie, D-Reno, a longtime advocate for mental health services in the Legislature, called the videos Òextremely unprofessional and disappointing.
VACSB, consumers, families, and providers jointly advocate for mental health, mental retardation, and addiction services through the Coalition for Citizens with Mental Disabilities.
One of the main ways in which employers can be supportive is to offer health insurance that covers mental health and to advocate for mental health parity (coverage equal to that of physical illness).
As a congressman, he is best known as an advocate for mental health concerns.
Today she is back nursing full-time and works as an advocate for mental health consumers in the community.
Another means for counselors to advocate for mental health is to lobby for mental health insurance and for HMOs to recognize mental illness as a disease by paying for treatment of mental illnesses.