The American College of Physicians (ACP) recently approved a policy recommendation that all health care providers be immunized against influenza; diphtheria; hepatitis B; measles, mumps and rubella; pertussis (whooping cough); and varicella (chickenpox) according to the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) Adult Immunization Schedule.
What does ACIP stand for?
ACIP stands for Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ACIP
We have 55 other meanings of ACIP in our Acronym Attic
- Army Careers Information Office
- Assistant Central Intelligence Officer
- Associate Chief Information Officer (corporate title)
- Association Canadienne des Infirmieres en Oncologie (French: Canadian Association of Nurses in Oncology)
- Australian Commerce and Industry Office
- Aviation Certification and Interoperability Office
- Associate of the Chartered Institute of Building
- Age Concern Institute of Gerontology (King's College London, England, UK)
- Anterior Chamber Intraocular Lens
- Adiabatic Capture Infinite Order Sudden Approximation
- Advisory Council on Intellectual Property
- Aerodynamic Coefficient Identification Package (NASA)
- Aerodynamic Coefficient Instrumentation Package (Space Shuttle)
- Air Characteristics Improvement Panel
- Air Conditioning Improvement Program
- Airport Capital Improvement Program
- American College of International Physicians
- American Council on International Personnel
- Anglican Council of Indigenous Peoples
- Arizona Counties Insurance Pool (Phoenix, AZ)
Samples in periodicals archive:
AT A MEETING OF THE CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION'S ADVISORY COMMITTEE ON IMMUNIZATION PRACTICES All pregnant women should receive a dose of the Tdap vaccine, whether or not she has received the vaccine previously, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices recommended.
Content in the app is based on the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices Adult Immunization Schedule.
The CDC's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices recommends routine immunization with a quadravalent meningococcal conjugate vaccine for all adolescents aged 11-18 years, college freshmen living in dormitories, and those aged 2-10 and 19-55 years who are in high-risk groups.
A In 2009, the US Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) also expanded its recommendations.
Center for Disease Control and Prevention and the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices.
The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, a panel of medical experts from around the country that advises the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommended on Wednesday that five groups of people should be vaccinated first.
The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) will hold an "emergency or off-cycle meeting" on swine flu on July 29, said Anne Shuchat, director of the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, which is part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).