1, Security Force Assistance, an advise and assist brigade is a modular brigade combat team, based on the requirements of the operational environment, with enabling assets and capabilities to support a distributed security force assistance mission.
What does AAB stand for?
AAB stands for Advise and Assist Brigade (US DoD)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AAB
We have 134 other meanings of AAB in our Acronym Attic
- Accreditation Advisory Board (Hong Kong)
- Acid-Alkaline Balance (health)
- Acquisition Accession Board
- Activities Association of Bermuda (senior citizens)
- Adaptive Angle Bias
- Adaptive Antenna Block
- Administrative Appeals Board
- Adult Antisocial Behavior
- Advanced Automotive Batteries (Oregon House, CA)
- Advertising Association of Baltimore (now American Advertising Federation of Baltimore; Baltimore, MD)
- Agence Africaine de Biotechnologie (French: African Agency of Biotechnology)
- AIDS Action Baltimore (Baltimore, MD)
- Air Assault Badge
- Air Assault Brigade (UK)
- Aircraft Accident Board
- Airport Advisory Board
- Akita Asahi Broadcasting (Japan)
- Albanian Association of Banks (est. 1999)
- All About Bikes (magazine)
- All-to-All Broadcast
Samples in periodicals archive:
Brigade combat teams (BCTs) deploying to Iraq and Afghanistan with an emphasis on SFA are commonly referred to by a myriad of names such as a modular brigade augmented for security force assistance (MB-SFA), security force assistance brigade (SFAB), brigade combat team-augmented (BCT-A), or advise and assist brigade (AAB).
But while at NTC, the brigade received word that it would instead be deploying as the proof of principle for the advise and assist brigade (AAB) mission.