The recent introduction of new vaccines into the school-based immunization program in BC included the monitoring of adverse events following immunization (AEFI).
What does AEFI stand for?
AEFI stands for Adverse Events Following Immunization
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AEFI
We have 10 other meanings of AEFI in our Acronym Attic
- Albertsons Employees' Federal Credit Union (various locations)
- Allegheny Energy Federal Credit Union (Pennsylvania)
- American Eagle Federal Credit Union (Connecticut)
- Agriculture, Environment and Fisheries Department (Scotland)
- Associação de Educação Física e Desporto (S. Pedro do Sul, Portugal)
- Agence pour l'Enseignement Français à l'Etranger (Agency for French Teaching Abroad)
- American European Football Federation (est. 1982)
- American Express Financial Group
- Acute Esophageal Food Impaction
- Adverse Effect Following Immunization
- Asociación Española de Farmacéuticos de la Industria
- Association des Etudiants Francophones de Iasi (Romania)
- Associazione Esposizioni e Fiere Italiane (Italian: Italian Exhibition and Trade Fair Association)
- Alberta Federal and Intergovernmental Affairs (serial)
- Accelerated Electronic Flight Instrument System/Control Display Navigation Unit
- Asociación Española de Fabricantes de Juguetes (Spanish: Spanish Association of Toy Manufacturers)
- Association Européenne de Formation au Journalisme
- Africa-Europe Faith Justice Network
- An Evil Fat Kid
- Athletes and Entertainers for Kids
Samples in periodicals archive:
The reporting of even a fraction of such a large number of case as adverse events following immunization, with attendant media coverage, would likely give rise to high levels public concern, even though the occurrence of such cases was completely predictable and would have happened in the absence of a mass campaign," said the paper.
Supplementary information on vaccine safety by World Health Organization: Part 2: Background and rates of adverse events following immunization.