He covers public speaking, preparation/anticipating the speaker, complex syntax/compression, word order/clusters, general adverbial clauses, untranslatability, figures of speech, argumentation, formal style, diction/register, formal policy addresses, economic and political discourse, quotations/allusions/transposition, humor, Latinisms, numbers, and note-taking.
What does ADVL stand for?
ADVL stands for Adverbial
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Advanced Intelligence Center (US Navy)
- autosomal dominant vitreoretinochoroidopathy
- Advances in Information Systems
- Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools
- Adenosine Vasodilator Independent Stenosis Evaluation (medical study)
- Advanced Visual System for Situation Awareness Enhancement
- Analysis, Dissemination, Visualization, Insight, and Semantic Enhancement (US Department of Homeland Security data mining program)
- Avionics Data Visualization Integration System Environment
- Added Value Information Services on European Research Results
- Advanced Virtual Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance
- Advanced Laminate Analysis Code
- Acoustic Doppler Velocity Meter
- Assembler Driven Verification Methodology
- Associazione Difendere la Vita con Maria
- Advances in Mathematics
- Advanced Military Occupational Specialty
- Adventure Motorcycle (magazine)
- Average Daily Vehicle Miles Traveled (emissions data)
- Archief en Documentatiecentrum voor het Vlaams - Nationalisme (Dutch)
- Advanta Corporation (stock symbol)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Of these, the adjectives LONE and PORT deserve the title of persistent because when -LY is added they are solely adjectives; there is no adverbial usage.
However, in Chapter Three, responding to a significant problem with HOTT, Kriegel defends an adverbial theory of intentionality.
They include complex compound sentences, numerous embeddings, nominal groups with post-modifiers, adverbials and adverbial clauses in unusual positions, etc.
When, the beginning of a temporal adverbial subordination, pending or depending, but always to wend one's way, and not to be confused with the wen on the left side of my great-grandfather Lyn's forehead, the size of a small doorknob and no less crystalline a cyst than all that was otherwise sebaceous in his system and the source of his ninety-seven-year-old wisdom, since to touch it was to move back and forth in time.
2004) and subsequent ramifications on reading speed, we take a modified version of their research to see how well Taiwanese intermediate English language students comprehend meaning of temporal adverbial parameters in L2.
It functions as a sentence adverbial that epistemically qualifies theclaim that is being conveyed, expressing certainty.
Clear and direct language structures, so lots of compound and simple sentences, adverbial phrases, but few complex structures where it is easy to get lost.