Nissan, 44 percent owned by Renault SA of France, also demonstrated Wednesday its latest fuel cell stack as it aims to introduce a new fuel cell vehicle with a more advanced power source than the one currently used in its X-Trail fuel cell car.
What does APS stand for?
APS stands for Advanced Power Source
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of APS
We have 911 other meanings of APS in our Acronym Attic
- Advanced Payment Solutions Limited (various locations)
- Advanced Performance Solutions, LLC (Amherst, NY)
- Advanced Photo System
- Advanced Photographic System
- Advanced Photon Source
- Advanced Planning & Scheduling
- Advanced Planning and Scheduling (resource planning)
- Advanced Planning Services (various locations)
- Advanced Planning System (USAF)
- Advanced Polar System
- Advanced Power Strip
- Advanced Power System (battery systems)
- Advanced Production Scheduling
- Advanced Proton Source
- Adventist Payroll System (software)
- Advertiser and Publisher Solutions (Microsoft group)
- Aerial Port Squadron
- aerobic pretreatment simulator
- Aerosol Particle Sizer
- Aerosol Particle-Sizing Spectrometer (Atmospheric Radiation Measurement; US Department of Education)
Samples in periodicals archive:
However, almost at once it acquired Advanced Power Sources, a UK research and development company based at Lough borough University that had been working on the early prototyping of fuel cell products and pre-commercial development of its proprietary fuel cell technology since 1995.
Richard Chandler, who heads the directorate, said the three overarching needs are in advanced power sources, command, control, computers and intelligence and "signature management," which is shorthand for keeping clandestine operators and their equipment hidden from the enemy.
At present, lithium batteries dominate the field of advanced power sources and have almost entirely replaced their bulkier and less energetic counterparts such as nickel-cadmium and nickel-metalhydride batteries; especially in portable electronic devices.
The technology will be applied to vehicles with conventional powertrains, as well as vehicles with advanced power sources, like hybrid electric, fuel cell and advanced battery electric propulsion.
Peter Roth, PhD, Advanced Power Sources R&D Department, Sandia National Laboratories
Lithium Power develops and manufactures advanced power sources, particularly rechargeable lithium batteries and high-energy capacitors.
Each competitor in the market has a slightly different focus (whether it is a different fuel or design of cartridge), but the common objective is to secure a viable niche market to provide an advanced power source.