Among the matters it deals with are earthquake risk and hazard, measuring disaster resilience, advanced national seismic systems, techniques for evaluating and retrofitting existing buildings, and costing the road map elements.
What does ANSS stand for?
ANSS stands for Advanced National Seismic System (USGS)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ANSS
We have 5 other meanings of ANSS in our Acronym Attic
- Associazione Nazionale San Paolo Italia (Italian: National Association of Saint Paul Italy)
- Active No Swashplate Rotor (Army)
- Adaptive Network Solutions Research, Inc.
- Advanced Neutron Source Reactor
- Arizona Near Space Research (Phoenix, AZ)
- Autonomous Naval Support Round
- Autoridade Nacional de Segurança Rodoviária (Portugal)
- Aquatic Nuisance Species Research Program
- Adoption Network for Search, Reunion and Support (online resource)
- Automated Non-Standard Requisitioning System
- American Nature Study Society
- Annual Simulation Symposium
- Annual Symposium on Simulation (IEEE Computer Society)
- Anthropology and Sociology Section
- Australian National Security Service
- Alliance of Nova Scotia Student Associations
- Alternate NORAD Space Surveillance Center
- Association Nationale Service Senior Ecureuil (French senior citizen service department)
- Agence Nationale de la Sécurité des Systèmes d'Information (French: National Security Agency of Information Systems)
- ANSI National Standards System Network
Samples in periodicals archive:
And we are trying to install something called the Advanced National Seismic System, which can give an advanced warning of an event like this, which would allow safe shutdown of systems, electrical systems, gas systems, which can lessen the impact of an event just like this," McNutt added.
Geological Survey (USGS) to provide IT security and infrastructure services for its Advanced National Seismic System (ANSS) initiative.
UUSS is a participant in the Advanced National Seismic System and operates a 100-station regional seismic network serving the populations of Utah, eastern Idaho, and western Wyoming.
Geological Survey, to perform scientific research for The Advanced National Seismic System (ANSS), which is a major national initiative that serves the needs of the earthquake monitoring, engineering, and research communities as well as national, state, and local governments, emergency response organizations, and the general public.
Geological Survey's (USGS) Advanced National Seismic System (ANSS).
The USArray facility will consist of three major seismic components: (1) a transportable array of 400 portable, unmanned three-component broadband seismometers deployed on a uniform grid that will systematically cover the US; (2) a flexible component of 400 portable, three-component, short-period and broadband seismographs and 2000 single-channel high frequency recorders; and (3) a permanent array of high-quality, three-component seismic stations, coordinated as part of the US Geological Survey's Advanced National Seismic System (ANSS), to provide a reference array spanning the contiguous United States and Alaska.