The breakthrough comes courtesy of a new radar system called the Advanced Modular Incoherent Scatter Radar, recently installed near the North Pole in Alaska and Canada.
What does AMISR stand for?
AMISR stands for Advanced Modular Incoherent Scatter Radar
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Automated Management Information System
- Automated Meteorological Information System
- Availability Management Information System
- Healthy Cities Air Management Information System (World Health Organization)
- Acquisition Management Information System/Procurement Management System (US DoD)
- Australian Marine Industries and Sciences Council
- Approximate Mean Integrated Squared Error
- Asymptotic Mean Integrated Squared Error
- American-Mexican Insurance Services Incorporated
- African Union Mission in Somalia
- Advanced Manufacturing Integrated System Technology
- Australian Meat Industry Superannuation Trust (trade group fund)
- Aviation Maintenance In-Service Training
- Associate Member of the Institute of Structural Engineers
- Active Middleware Technology
- Advance Multimedia Internet Technology, Inc. (est. 1998; Taiwan)
- Aerospace, Manufacturing and Information Technology Cluster (Arizona)
- Aircraft Maintenance Intuitive Troubleshooting (US DoD)
- Americans for Israel and Torah
- Associazione Mesorachesi in Ticino (Italian: Military Association in Ticino; Ticino, Switzerland)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Championed one of the most important new climate observing tools recently deployed, the Advanced Modular Incoherent Scatter Radar (AMISR).
With the unveiling of two Advanced Modular Incoherent Scatter Radar (AMISR) prototype systems, SRI International, an independent nonprofit research and development organization, today announced the latest milestones in the development of new upper atmospheric remote sensing capabilities.