We use a European -friendly tone and we understand better the needs of European users, who have access to more advanced mobile phone services than are yet available in the US.
What does AMPS stand for?
AMPS stands for Advanced Mobile Phone Service
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of AMPS
We have 104 other meanings of AMPS in our Acronym Attic
- Advanced Materials and Processes Research Institute (India)
- American Medical Peer Review Organization
- Approche Multidisciplinaire en Prévention des risques Obstétricaux
- Aromatic and Medicinal Plants Research Station (Kerala Agricultural University; India)
- 2-Acrylamido-2-Methyl-Propane-Sulfonic Acid
- Abstract Meta-Physical Speculation
- Account Management Profile System (NYSE)
- Acronis Maintenance and Priority Support
- Administrative Monetary Penalty System Program (Canada Customs and Revenue Agency)
- Advanced Mission Planning System
- Advanced Mobile Phone System (Cellular System)
- Advanced Modular Power System
- Afloat Master Planning System
- Air Movement Planning System
- Airborne Multisensor Pod System
- Airborne Multispectral Pushbroom Scanner
- Alignment of Multiple Protein Sequences
- alt.music.paul-simon (newsgroup)
- Alteration Management Planning System (US Navy)
- American Mobile Phone Service (less common)
Samples in periodicals archive:
2 Kbps over the analog Advanced Mobile Phone Service (AMPS) cellular network.
Being eyed by the three companies are advanced mobile phone services which are expected to be approved in Japan in 2001.
This unprecedented cooperative effort lays the groundwork for interoperability between Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM), Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) and Advanced Mobile Phone Service (AMPS) phones throughout the Americas and the world.
Glossary A-GPS = Assisted Global Positioning Systems AMPS = Advanced Mobile Phone Service CDMA = Code-Division Multiple Access GPS = Global Positioning Systems PCS = Personal Communication Services SiGe = Silicon Germanium Information Atmel's CDMA T035x information may be retrieved at: http://www.
Vehicles equipped with the Asset-Link(TM) 100 or Asset-Link(TM) 200 can: -- Track locations -- Monitor vehicle performance including oil and air pressure, plus engine running hours -- Log and analyze vehicle performance data, including temperature trends -- Perform important security functions including door-lock and ignition controls, plus geo-fencing -- Employ potentially life-saving automatic safety features including crash-notification, airbag deployment notification and emergency dispatch -- The Asset-Link(TM) 200 also provides circuit-switched data capability over Advanced Mobile Phone Services (AMPS) networks for larger payload messages, in addition to MicroBurst reliable short-packet service.
27 /PRNewswire/ -- CTI Movil, Argentina's largest cellular network operator in the interior, today announced that it has awarded Lucent Technologies (NYSE: LU) a $35 million contract to expand its wireless Advanced Mobile Phone Service (AMPS) network and install an on-line billing platform.
At the time of the AT&T divestiture, which was completed in 1984, he worked on a large software installation at Advanced Mobile Phone Services, a precursor of Bell Atlantic Mobile.