March 9 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) has released the first images from the Panchromatic Remote-sensing Instrument for Stereo Mapping (PRISM) payload on their Advanced Land Observing Satellite (ALOS).
What does ALOS stand for?
ALOS stands for Advanced Land Observing Satellite (Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ALOS
We have 1 other meaning of ALOS in our Acronym Attic
- Animal Life Organized Protection (Garden Grove, CA)
- Appropriate Level of Protection
- Asociación Latinoamericana de Organizaciones de Promoción
- Attached Lube Oil Pump (provides oil pressure to ship's main reduction gears)
- Australian League of Rights (political party)
- Alert Launch Order (US DoD)
- Asset, Liability, Owner's Equity, Revenue, Expense (general ledger accounting)
- Airlift Operational Reporting System (USAF)
- Americalinx Organization
- Adelaide Legal Outreach Service (Australia)
- Alternate Lighting of Surfaces
- Antibiotic Length of Stay (medical treatment)
- Attenuated Line of Sight
- Average Length Of Stay
- Appalachian Laboratory for Occupational Respiratory Diseases
- Appalachian Laboratory for Occupational Safety and Health (US CDC; Morgantown, WV)
- Adaptive Large Optics Technologies
- Airborne Lightweight Optical Tracking
- Apple Library of Tomorrow (Apple, Inc.)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The agency brought the advanced land observing satellite Daichi into orbit after its launch on the H2-A rocket on Jan.
At a lab of the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency in Tsukuba, Ibaraki Prefecture, the Advanced Land Observing Satellite, or ALOS, is being tested.
Launches of the Advanced Earth Observing Satellite 2 (ADEOS 2) and Advanced Land Observing Satellite (ALOS) are also in the works.