Operations are run with an Advanced Interactive Executive (AIX) version of PSF, incorporating updated tape manager utilities and other additions -- software developed in a unique collaboration between Anacomp and IBM.
What does AIX stand for?
AIX stands for Advanced Interactive Executive
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of AIX
We have 12 other meanings of AIX in our Acronym Attic
- Alice in Wonderland Syndrome
- Application Integration Web Service
- As I Was Saying
- Associate of the Institute of Wines and Spirits (UK)
- Association of Independent Weather Services
- Ascension Island Works and Services Agency
- American Italian White Separatist Front
- All Is Well That Ends Well
- Architosh International Web Users Group
- Advanced IBM Unix
- After Ion Exchanger
- Aircraft Interiors Expo (trade show)
- Allied Intent Xtended (gaming)
- Alternate Image Exploitation
- American Internet Exchange (trademark of Technology Advancement Group, Inc.)
- Augmentation Index
- Advanced Interactive Executive/Enterprise Systems Architecture (also abbreviated AIXESA)
- Advanced Interactive Executive/Enterprise Systems Architecture (also abbreviated AIX/ESA)
- Annex I Expert Group (United Nations Framework Convention Climate Change)
Samples in periodicals archive:
DB2/6000 operates on workstations running IBM's Advanced Interactive Executive (See Note A) (AIX) (See Note A) version of the UNIX operating system.
In related announcements today, IBM introduced DB2/6000 (A), a client/server relational database for Advanced Interactive Executive (A) (AIX) (A), IBM's version of the UNIX (B) operating system, and Distributed Database Connection Services/6000 (A), which provide connectivity between DB2/6000 and the other members of the DB2 family.