July 8 /PRNewswire/ -- Teledyne Electronic Systems of Northridge has received a production contract to supply APX- 109(V3) advanced Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) systems as part of the United States Air Force F-16 Fighting Falcon foreign military sales program.
What does AIFF stand for?
AIFF stands for Advanced Identification Friend or Foe
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AIFF
We have 14 other meanings of AIFF in our Acronym Attic
- American Institute of Forensic Education (Palm Springs, CA)
- Associazione Italiana Formazione Emergenza (Italian: Italian Association of Emergency Training)
- Austech Institute for Further Education (Ashfield, New South Wales, Australia)
- All India Federation of Educational Associations (Orissa, India)
- American Indian Family Empowerment Program
- Associazione Italiana Flusso e Pranoterapeuti
- Ashmolean Museum Inter-Faith Exhibition Service (University of Oxford; UK)
- Association des Infirmières Françaises EntéroStomathèrapeutes d'Aquitaine
- Aberdeen International Football Festival
- Adelaide International Film Festival
- Air Identification Friend or Foe
- Aivru Image File Format
- Alarm Industry Foundation of Florida
- All-India Football Federation
- Arizona International Film Festival
- Ashland Independent Film Festival (Ashland, OR)
- Athens International Film Festival
- Audio Image Format File
- Audio Interchange File Format
- Audio Interface File Format
Samples in periodicals archive:
The company is organized into four operating divisions: Communications Systems, specializing in aircraft intercommunication systems, ruggedized wireless communication systems, and commercial audio products; Radar Systems, specializing in airborne maritime surveillance radar, weather and search radar, and advanced identification friend or foe products; Electronic Systems specializing in aerospace electronics, air traffic management systems and Homeland Security products; and the Systems Engineering Group specializing in the performance of threat and radar system analyses and other support engineering functions for the Department of Defense, the Missile Defense Agency, and various other Government agencies and major prime contractors.
6 million contract to provide Advanced Identification Friend or Foe (AIFF) equipment for the Air Force's F-16C "Fighting Falcon" aircraft.