A standard of care for patients with advanced head and neck cancer is chemotherapy and radiation followed by surgery to the neck.
What does AHNC stand for?
AHNC stands for Advanced Head and Neck Cancer
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AHNC
We have 2 other meanings of AHNC in our Acronym Attic
- Archivo Histórico Nacional (Spanish: National Historical Archive)
- Army Health Nurse (US Army)
- Asian Highway Network (transportation project)
- Assigned House Number (address marker; various locations)
- Athens, GA, USA (Airport Code)
- Autisme de Haut Niveau (French: High-Functioning Autism)
- Alamo Heights Neighborhood Association (San Antonio, Texas)
- American Holistic Nurses' Association
- Arlington Heights Neighborhood Association
- Authentic Hovawarts of North America (Pittsburg, CA)
- All Hat No Cattle
- Avery House Nature Center (Corvallis, OR)
- Association of Historians of Nineteenth Century Art
- Accredited Health and Nutrition Certification Boards
- American Holistic Nurses' Certification Corporation
- American Hairbraiders and Natural Haircare Association (Washington)
- Animal Help Now (est. 2011)
- Acute Haemorrhagic Necrotizing Pancreatitis
- Agricultural Health Nurse Program (New York)
- Anterior Herniation of the Nucleus Pulposus
Samples in periodicals archive:
2,4,11) Preoperative permanent balloon occlusion of an internal carotid artery in patients with advanced head and neck cancer has been described for those with impending CBS.
He added, "We believe that IRX-2 has the potential to alter the course of treatment for patients with advanced head and neck cancer and are very pleased by the interest and support shown in the INSPIRE trial by the head and neck community.
 One hundred sixteen patients with advanced head and neck cancer were analyzed in this study, which had a median followup of 41 months.
ERBITUX was granted approval by SwissMedic in December 2005 for use in combination with radiation in the treatment of patients with previously untreated advanced head and neck cancer.
The application seeks approval for use of ERBITUX in combination with radiation for locally or regionally advanced head and neck cancer, and as monotherapy in patients with recurrent and/or metastatic disease where prior platinum-based chemotherapy has failed or where platinum-based therapy would not be appropriate.
Advanced Head and Neck Cancer In advanced head and neck cancer, radical surgery and/or radiation therapy may be preceded by systemic chemotherapy to improve treatability, or followed by systemic chemotherapy to address remaining cancer cells, most often with a combination of agents.
In the past twelve months, ImClone has successfully furthered the C225 program, with the initiation of two Phase III clinical trials in advanced head and neck cancer patients, as well as two Phase II studies in refractory cancer patients.