The Shanghai-based joint venture will provide a range of OnStar's trademark in-vehicle safety, security and communication services similar to those currently available in the United States and Canada, including advanced automatic crash notification, roadside assistance, remote door unlock, hands- free calling, vehicle diagnostics and turn-by-turn navigation.
What does AACN stand for?
AACN stands for Advanced Automatic Crash Notification (General Motors)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of AACN
We have 15 other meanings of AACN in our Acronym Attic
- Australian Acupuncture Chinese Medicine Association
- Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Annual Conference
- Austin Area Christian Mountain Bikers (Texas)
- Anne Arundel County Muslim Council (Maryland)
- American Academy of Continuing Medical Education
- American Association of Community Mental Health Center Psychiatrists
- Autonomous Air Combat Maneuvering Instrumentation system
- Army Acquisition Career Management Information System
- Associação Amigos do Conservatório de Música da Madeira (Portuguese: Friends of the Madeira Music Conservatory Association)
- Asian Association of Career Management Professionals (Singapore)
- American Academy of Clinical Neurophysiology
- American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology
- American Academy of Colleges of Nursing
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
- Agency for Accounting and Control of Nuclear Materials
- Anormal Asincronía de Crecimiento entre el Neuroeje y el Neurorraquis
- Adult Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Asian-Australasian Congress of Neurological Surgery
- AIDS Activities Coordinating Office (Philadelphia, PA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Last year's 21st Century Award Recipients included Turner Broadcasting for their Optimizing Digital Medal project and OnStar for its Advanced Automatic Crash Notification project.
Acting as an eyewitness, OnStar's Advanced Automatic Crash Notification transmits the crash severity, number of airbags deployed and location of the vehicle to an adviser, who passes that information along to first responders.
WASHINGTON -- The emergency medical leaders of the ComCARE Alliance today enthusiastically praised General Motors' decision to deploy advanced automatic crash notification (AACN) systems in hundreds of thousands of vehicles equipped with OnStar starting next year.
In an effort to help 911 centers dispatch the appropriate life-saving staff and equipment to crash scenes faster, General Motors will begin adding an advanced automatic crash notification (AACN) system to vehicles equipped with OnStar, the first automaker to do so.