It turns out that the replacement dosage (determined in part from adrenalectomized breast cancer patients) is 35 to 40 mg of hydrocortisone (or 7 to 8 mg prednisone), or exactly what I determined through trial and error that I required for symptomatic relief of severe rheumatoid arthritis symptoms.
What does ADX stand for?
ADX stands for Adrenalectomized
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ADX
We have 15 other meanings of ADX in our Acronym Attic
- Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (United Arab Emirates)
- Accumulation/Distribution Index
- Acier Doux (French band)
- Ad Exchange (various companies)
- Adams Express Company (est. 1929)
- Address Book Extensible Markup Language (electronic filing)
- Address Cross Reference
- Addressbook.xml (Web-based tool)
- Administrative Maximum Facility
- Administrative-Maximum US Penitentiary (prisons)
- Advanced Development Experiment(al)
- Air Defense Exercise
- Audiological diagonostic (testing)
- Automatic Data Exchange
- Average Directional Movement Index
- Accelerator Description Exchange Format
- Angular Dependent X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy
- Angle Dispersive X-Ray Diffraction
- Angular Dependence of X-Ray Fluorescence (US Department of Energy; Office of Scientific and Technical Information; National Renewable Energy Laboratory)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Consequence of long-term exposure to corticosterone or dexamethasone on ethanol consumption in the adrenalectomized rat, and the effect of type I and type II corticosteroid receptor antagonists.
Corticosterone infused intracerebroventricularly inhibits energy storage and stimulates the hypothalamo-pituitary axis in adrenalectomized rats drinking sucrose.
Our experience suggests also that the very rapid Nichols aldosterone assay has a serious problem with nonspecific interference, possibly because of the brevity of the "wash" immediately before chemiluminescence, leading to an unacceptably high blank value in bilaterally adrenalectomized and Addisonian patients.
However, thymus atrophy was also observed in DBT- and TBT-treated adrenalectomized rats (Seinen and Willems 1976; Snoeij et al.
In a granuloma assay in adrenalectomized adult male rats, it had 1/3 the activity of hydrocortisone.
Dietary modulation of active potassium secretion in the cortical collecting tubule of adrenalectomized rabbits.
Intact rats were similarly infected, whereas another group of adrenalectomized rats served as uninfected controls.