Recognizing the problems presented by the lack of detailed, precise and consistent statistical reporting of domestic adoptions, in 1980 Congress passed the Adoption Assistance and Child Welfare Act suggesting, but not mandating, a national adoption reporting system.
What does AACWA stand for?
AACWA stands for Adoption Assistance and Child Welfare Act
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Associazione Amatori Cella Volley (Italian: Cell Amateur Volleyball Association)
- Australian Association of Cattle Veterinarians
- Average Annual Contract Value
- Asian Association of Convention and Visitor Bureaus
- Aurora Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (est. 1987; Illinois)
- Associazione Allievi Centro Velico Caprera (Italian: Student Association of Center Velico Caprera)
- Aerosol-Assisted Chemical Vapor Deposition
- Anne Arundel County Volunteer Firefighters Association (Maryland)
- American Association of Cardiovascular Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- All American Championship Wrestling (Oklahoma)
- African-American Center for World Mission
- American Association of Caregiving Youth (Boca Raton, FL)
- Anne Arundel County YMCA (Young Men's Christian Association; Maryland)
- AIDS Alliance for Children Youth Families (Washington, DC)
- Akademischer Alpen Club Zürich (German: Academic Alpine Club Zurich)
- Academic Achievement Division (various locations)
- Access Approval Document
- Access to Archival Databases (US NARA)
- Accompanying Administrative Document (UK)
- Acid-Ash Diet (nutrition)
Samples in periodicals archive:
References Adoption Assistance and Child Welfare Act of 1980, P.
Yet more burdens were piled on child welfare workers in 1980, with the passage of Jimmy Carter's last significant piece of social legislation, the 1980 Adoption Assistance and Child Welfare Act (AACWA).