On November 13, the United Seamen's Service 2009 40th Annual Admiral of the Ocean Sea Awards (AOTOS) were presented to Donald Kurz, President and CEO of Keystone Shipping, and to Ronald Widdows, Group President and CEO of Neptune Orient Lines, parent company of APL.
What does AOTOS stand for?
AOTOS stands for Admiral of the Ocean Sea (United Seamen’s Service award)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AOTOS
- Attack of the Mutant Penguins (Atari Jaguar game)
- Attack of the Mutant Zombie Flesh Eating Chickens from Mars (computer game)
- ACE Operational Teletype Network
- All-Optical Transport Network
- Angels of the Night (gaming community)
- Alpha of the Omega (game)
- Angel of the Odd (band)
- Aortic Outflow Tract Obstruction (cardiovascular medicine)
- Anarchaic Oriental Tantrik Order of A.
- Alliance of the Old Religion (Wicca organization)
- Association of the Teachers of Singing (England, UK)
- Absence and Overtime Tracking Program
- Advanced Open Telecom Platform (HP)
- All Over the Place (radio program)
- Army of the Pharoahs (band)
- Army of the Potomac (American Civil War)
- Aspect of the Pack (gaming, World of Warcraft)
- Association of Operating Theatre Practitioners (Australia)
- Actual Oxygen Transfer Rate
- Adult Owner to Ride (equestrian)
Samples in periodicals archive:
I heard shipworms chanting as they turned our keels to honeycomb tripe: Christoferens, Christoferens, Admiral of the Ocean Sea, Bring us the hulls of the Old World.
Recently, it was my good fortune to receive on behalf of the men and women of MTMC the USS Admiral of the Ocean Sea award from United Seamen's Service.
United Seamen's Service Admiral of the Ocean Sea (AOTOS) awards, the maritime industry's most prestigious honor, will be presented to two NDTA members at a gala industry dinner and dance to be held at the Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers, New York City, on November 5, 2004.
Put together and organized by Christopher Columbus between 1492 and 1502, this is a collection of the privileges granted to the Admiral of the Ocean Sea by the Catholic Monarchs, plus other related texts.
He was the recipient of the International Maritime Hall of Fame Award in 2003, the Admiral of the Ocean Seas Award in 2005, and the Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award in 2005.
From the pages of time, Christopher Columbus strides on stage dressed as he did 500 years ago, proclaiming, "I am Christopher Columbus, Admiral of the Ocean Sea, and when I discovered America I changed my life and your life too.
In November, General Handy will be a recipient of the Admiral of the Ocean Sea award.