He has been placed in an administrative segregation unit,'' prison spokesman Lt.
What does ASU stand for?
ASU stands for Administrative Segregation Unit
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ASU
We have 164 other meanings of ASU in our Acronym Attic
- Australian Society of Travel Writers
- Army Science and Technology Working Group
- Aligning Solutions to Your Result Expectations (customer/solution based consultancy apporach)
- Abgassonderuntersuchung (German: fume emission test)
- Academic Support Unit (various schools)
- Accident Sickness and Unemployment (insurance)
- Accounting Standards Update (Financial Accounting Standards Board)
- Active Service Unit
- Adder-Subtractor Unit
- Administration Scolaire et Universitaire (French: Educational Administration and University)
- Administrative Support Unit (US Navy)
- Advanced Settings Utility (IBM)
- Adventure Sports Unlimited (California)
- Adyghe State University (Adygheya)
- African Student Union
- Aichi Sangyo University (Okazaki, Aichi, Japan)
- Aichi Shukutoku University (Japan)
- Aikido Schools of Ueshiba
- Ain Shams University
- Air Separation Unit
Samples in periodicals archive:
A prisoner housed in a maximum security PROGRAMS prison brought a civil rights suit against state prison officials for allegedly violating his EQUAL PROTECTION equal protection rights by failing to provide him with educational programming while he was confined in an administrative segregation unit.
1980) -- This case decided that conditions in Texas Department of Criminal Justice Administrative segregation units clearly violated constitutional standards for mentally ill offenders confined to administrative segregation units for extended periods.
A prisoner housed in a maximum security EDUCATIONAL prison brought a civil rights suit against state prison officials for allegedly violating his EQUAL PROTECTION equal protection rights by failing to provide him with educational programming while he was ADMINISTRATIVE confined in an administrative segregation unit.
The project includes nine 40-bed housing pods and one 20-bed administrative segregation unit, all with separate recreation yards.
Perez and Arraiga were in the prison's administrative segregation unit for inmates who are disciplinary problems, could be in danger among the general prison population or for other reasons.
The appeals court held that flooding of the prison's administrative segregation unit was a significant deprivation, as required to support an Eighth Amendment claim, and that there was an issue of material fact as to whether there was an ongoing threat to safety during the flooding that would justify the inmate's exposure to human waste.
Both Perez and Arraiga were in the prison's administrative segregation unit for inmates who are disciplinary problems, could be in danger among the general prison population, or other reasons.