AKuScreen is an adenylate kinase (AK)-based assay which generates definitive microbiological test results in under 24 hours.
What does AK stand for?
AK stands for Adenylate Kinase
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AK
We have 40 other meanings of AK in our Acronym Attic
- Australian Journal of Zoology
- Alternative Jugend Zella Mehlis (alternative youth of Zella -Mehlis; Germany)
- (USN Rating) Aviation Storekeeper
- Aamir Khan (Indian actor)
- Above Knee (amputation)
- Abu Khader Group (Amman, Jordan)
- Actinic Keratosis
- Adaptation Kit
- Advanced Kaizen (methodology)
- Aga Khan (title of leader of a sect within the Ismaili branch of Islam)
- Alaska (US postal abbreviation)
- Alicia Keys (singer)
- All Knowing
- Alles Klar (German: All Right, Okay)
- Allgemeine Kredit (German: General Credit)
- Alternate Key (database theory)
- Anatomic Kinesiology
- Andrei Kirilenko (basketball player)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Most significantly, these RMM results can be delivered within 24 h using a rapid method featuring adenylate kinase (AK).
By using adenylate kinase (AK) to amplify the ATP bioluminescence response, AkuScreen provides accurate readings in less time so companies can reduce inventory and manufacturing lead times, improve efficiencies and increase available working capital.
Based at the UK Government's Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl) at Porton Down, Alaska's team of world class scientists has exploited patented Adenylate Kinase (AK) Phage[TM] technology to develop the highly sensitive and specific fastrAK[TM] rapid assay system.
We studied the inhibition of creatine kinase and adenylate kinase by AMP and established a convenient AMP concentration.
Evidence for competition by creatine kinase MM, adenylate kinase, malate and alcohol dehydrogenase.